What vehicles are accepted on Drivy?

For cars registered in the UK:

To be accepted on Drivy, your vehicle must:

  • Be privately owned, manufactured to carry up to eight passengers and not exceed 3500kg in weight.

  • Be parked in its registration country.

  • Be covered by a yearly insurance policy, at least third-party liability insurance.

  • Be less than 8 years old.

  • Have up-to-date tax, MOT and insurance.

  • Be between ABI insurance group 1-36 (37 and above not accepted).

  • Have mileage less than 130,000 miles.

Other types of vehicle are not insured: commercial vans, minibusses, buses, caravans, motorbikes, quad bikes, no-license cars and driving school cars. You can't rent your vehicle on Drivy to tract a trailer either. You wouldn't be covered by our insurance.

We do not accept previous write-offs. Any vehicles that are Cat A, B, S, and N are not covered by the Drivy insurance.*

If your car is leased, it usually depends on the type of financing contract, it depends on the financing or leasing company whether you can rent it through Drivy. Some companies allow it, some don’t. You should have the answer in your documents, and you can always contact your financing/leasing company directly if still in doubt.

Additionally, we recommend you check with your insurer that you're allowed to rent your car, according to your insurance contract.

As an owner, you must be:

  • The owner of the vehicle - i.e. your name (private individual or legal entity) is on the registration certificate (V5C) as the registered keeper.

  • A UK resident for more than 3 months.

  • At least 21 years old.

  • Without personal bankruptcy or any County Court Judgements (CCJ) during the past 3 years.

If these conditions aren't met, you will not be covered by our insurance and will be responsible for paying all costs in the event of an incident.

NB: Vehicles where the horsepower is superior to 13CV or 300 KW are likely to be refused, including (but not limited to); sports models from Porsche, Ferrari, Jaguar, etc.

*Previously Cat C and D.

Did you find this article useful?

These articles might also help: